Thursday, March 8, 2012

NYY Spring Training Game Posts

Every March I find myself watching spring training games. I get pumped about the first one, and that raging pinstriped erection lasts about 1/2 an inning.

Watching some AA pitcher strike out Lance Nix's little brother in a game that doesn't matter gets old fast. However there is some information that can be gleaned from these games. For example, Hughes hitting 93 yesterday was exciting, after he failed to get out of the 80s last spring.

Spring training competitions for playing time and roster spots will be reserved for the other 29 teams, as the Yankees have most of those decisions made already. Of course there is the epic rotation battle, which is actually a bunch of bullshit (4 guys, 3 rotation spots). Really for the Yankees its going to come down to the last man in the bullpen as the only spring competition, barring injury.

I'm not going to post box scores every day, there are a million other places to go for that. I will instead give some notes and interpretations when I see the games and/or something stands out.

No comments:

Post a Comment